Asked by: Samuil Barberahome and garden home appliances
How do you remove agitator from Kenmore washer?
- Turn off your washer and unplug it from the wall. Lift up the hood to reveal the washer tub and agitator.
- Remove the agitator cap.
- Remove the agitator bolt.
- Put on the safety gloves.
Herein, can you remove the agitator from the washing machine?
Unplug your washing machine from the wall before you get started removing the agitator. Lift the lid on your washer to expose the agitator. Insert the socket into the agitator to remove the agitator bolt from inside the agitator. Reach your fingers beneath the agitator and lift it from the machine.
- Step 1 – Bleach Soak & First Wash. Fill the washer drum with hot water, add 1 quart of bleach, and let it soak for about an hour to eliminate mold and mildew.
- Step 2 – Vinegar Soak. After the cycle is done, fill the washer with hot water again and add 1 quart of white vinegar.
- Step 3 – Wipe Down.
- Step 4 – Second Wash.
Also asked, what causes a washer not to agitate or spin?
If your washer fills with water but doesn't agitate, the problem is likely to be a faulty lid switch, a broken belt, or a problem with the motor. 1 Check the washing machine's spin cycle. If this works, the motor is operating and the belt is not broken. If the spin cycle doesn't work, the belt may be loose or broken.
Performance. Despite the potential risk in damaging clothes, top load washers with agitators provide a better cleaning performance. Whereas, top load washers with no agitator may be more gentle to clothes, they really arent as effective at cleaning clothes compared to top load washers with an agitator.