Asked by: Edilio Primitivohome and garden home appliances
How do you remove mold from weather stripping?
Besides, how do you remove black mold from rubber?
- Protect your skin and eyes with rubber gloves and goggles.
- Fill a clean, half-gallon spray bottle with white distilled vinegar. Screw on the lid.
- Spray the mold with the vinegar, and let the vinegar saturate the mold for two to four hours.
- Rinse the rubber with water, and dry it thoroughly.
- Clean the weather stripping with warm soapy water and a sponge. Rinse the weather stripping with clean water to remove any soap residue.
- After cleaning, wipe the surface dry with a clean towel.
Considering this, how do you clean white rubber weather stripping?
White tire cleaner was suggested for cleaning the white rubber strips around the doors. Lots of other suggested cleaners included bleach. Some people said, “mild dish detergent”.
This is what I grabbed:
- a scrub brush.
- and a bucket of warm, soapy water (I used Dawn dish soap.)
- foaming bathroom cleaner (with bleach)
Put three parts bleach to one part water in a spray bottle and thoroughly spray the rubber seal, being sure to get the bleach mixture into all the little crevices. Wipe down with a soft cloth. Do this at least once a week.