Asked by: Chiara Villardstyle and fashion bath and shower
How do you replace a toe touch tub stopper?
Last Updated: 22nd May, 2020
- Place a towel in the bottom of the bathtub to protect the tub's finish while you work.
- Lift the toe-tap stopper with your fingers until it will lift no farther.
- Pull upward on the stopper as you turn it counterclockwise if the stopper only spins instead of unscrews from the drain.
Click to see full answer.
Considering this, how do you remove a push down tub stopper?
Remove the knob on the top of the stopper. Hold the body of the stopper in place with one hand and with the other hand unscrew the knob by turning it counter-clockwise. If the knob will not unscrew, then wrap the rag around the knob and use the pliers to help remove the knob.
One may also ask, can you replace the drain in a bathtub? Lift-and-turn drains Buy a new lift-and-turn stopper to replace your old lever-style drain. When the stopper in your lever-style bathtub drain won't pop up anymore because the linkage is damaged or clogged, replace it with a much simpler lift-and-turn style tub drain.
Thereof, how do you close a bathtub drain without a stopper?
Place the cloth or sponge inside a plastic sandwich bag. Squeeze as much air out as you can and zip it closed or use a rubber band to secure it. Stuff the bag into the drain. The material should expand to snugly fill the hole, and the plastic bag will prevent water from escaping down the drain.
How do you replace an old bathtub drain?
- First, remove the stopper.
- Insert the Drain Key or the Smart Dumbell into the drain.
- Keep turning drain counterclockwise until the old drain is released - it shouldn't take too many turns before the drain comes right out.
- Clean drain area, making sure to remove all old putty residue.