Asked by: Dialla Schliepkortetechnology and computing computer peripherals
How do you replace the drum on a Brother DCP 7065dn?
Last Updated: 16th March, 2020
- Turn on the printer.
- Open the front cover and let the printer sit for ten minutes so it can cool down.
- Remove the drum unit and toner cartridge from the printer.
- Separate the toner cartridge from the drum unit by pressing down on the green lever.
- Open up your new drum unit.
Click to see full answer.
Hereof, why does my Brother printer keep saying replace drum?
The Brother machine will display a 'Replace Drum' or 'Drum Stop' message when the machine has printed approximately 15,000 pages. The drums should be replaced as a set in order to maintain print quality. Unlike the toner cartridges, the drum change is not automatically detected by the machine when they are replaced.
Also, how do I change the ink cartridge in my brother DCP 7065dn? Replace Toner
- Make sure that the machine is turned on.
- Open the front cover and leave the machine turned on for 10 minutes to cool down.
- Take out the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly.
- Unpack the new toner cartridge.
- Pull off the protective cover.
Considering this, how do you reset the drum on a Brother printer?
Reset Brother DR420 drum unit life on Brother printers
- Change the drum, keep the front door open while the printer is on;
- Press and hold the “GO” button until all lights are lit;
- Once all light are lit, release the “GO” button and close the front door;
- Make sure the drum light is off;
- The counter is reset.
What happens if I don't replace printer drum?
Without a drum unit, the toner powder in the cartridge cannot be transferred onto the page. The two parts work together to create a print! You can't have one without the other and expect the printer to work properly.