Asked by: Xanet Jurbenkotechnology and computing laptops
How do you restart a Mac that won't turn on?
Subsequently, one may also ask, how do you fix a Mac that won't turn on?
If your MacBook's battery isn't removable:
- Shut down Mac and plug in the power cord.
- Press Shift-Control-Option, then press Power button.
- Hold the keys for about 10 seconds.
- Release the keys.
- Press Power as you would normally start your Mac.
Likewise, people ask, how do you restart a MacBook Air when it wont turn on?
On a Mac laptop, press Shift + Ctrl +Option/Altat the same time as you plug in the power cable.If you'vegot a Mac desktop, unplug it for 15 seconds andthen plug itin and after five seconds press thepowerbutton.
If the Mac has a power button on the keyboard, likeallmodern MacBook laptops do, this is how you forciblyrebootit:
- Hold down the Power button on the keyboard until theMacBookshuts down completely, this may take 5 seconds or so.
- Wait a few seconds then hit the Power button again to boottheMac.