Asked by: Anette Tonjestechnology and computing computer peripherals
How do you restore an iPhone that won't connect to iTunes?
Last Updated: 19th May, 2020
- Plug the USB cable into your computer but do not connectit to the iPhone.
- Launch iTunes.
- Press and hold down the Home button and Sleep/Wake button for10 seconds until the iPhone powers off.
- Keep hold of the Home button but let go of the Sleep/Wakebutton.
Click to see full answer.
Hereof, what to do if iTunes Cannot restore iPhone?
Part 1: Common 5 Ways to Fix iTunes Won't RestoreiPhone
- Update iTunes. Keep iTunes up to date on your PC or Mac is thebasic factor to sync or restore iOS device.
- Restart Your Computer.
- Try a Different Lightning/USB Cable or USB Port.
- Hard Reset Your iPhone.
- Use Recovery Mode and DFU Mode to Restore Your iPhone.
Similarly, how do I force my iPhone to factory reset?
- Just press and hold both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttonssimultaneously for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Applelogo. You can let go of both buttons after the Apple logoappears.
- Your phone will go through the usual process of startingup.
- You'll be back in your home screen.
Hereof, how do I make my iTunes recognize my iPhone?
7 Simple Tricks to Get iTunes to Recognize an iOSDevice
- Quit and relaunch iTunes.
- Connect the iOS device to a different USB port on thecomputer.
- Reboot the iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
- Reboot the computer.
- Use a different syncing cable (if possible)
- Reinstall iTunes (read how below)
Why won't my new iPhone connect to iTunes?
Try connecting to a different USB port to see ifiTunes recognizes your device. Check each connectionto make sure the cable is fully plugged into your device and intothe computer. Restart your device: try connecting again.Restart your computer: Restart your Mac or PC computer and tryconnecting again.