Asked by: Ervigio Stewartreligion and spirituality islam
How do you say John in other languages?
Last Updated: 15th April, 2020
|Icelandic||Jóhann, Jóhannes, Hannes|
|Indonesian/Malay||Iwan, Yahya, Yan, Yaya, Yohan, Yohanes, Yuan|
|Irish||Seán, Shaun, Eoin|
|Italian||Giovanni, Gianni, Giannino, Ivan, Ivano, Ivo, Vanni,Nino,Vannino|
Click to see full answer.
Keeping this in view, what are some nicknames for John?
- Origin: Hebrew. Meaning: “God is gracious”
- Best Nicknames. Jackie, Jacky, Jacko, Jock, Jocko,Johnie,Johnnie, Johnny, John-John.
- Variations and Sound Alikes: Gian, Giovanni, Ivan, Jan,Jaan,Janos, Jean, Jian,
- John TV and Movie Quotes: “I paid enough, John, I paidalot.”
- Famous people named John or its variations.
Also, is Sean another name for John? The Scottish form of [John] is [Ian] and itsIrishform is [Sean]" The sentence means that the nameJohnhas different forms in different languages. In Scottish,Johnis Ian, in Irish it is Sean, in Russian it isIvan, inSpanish it is Juan, in Italian it isGiovanni.
Similarly one may ask, what is the Arabic name for John?
???, romanized:Ya?yā),also written Yahia is a common Arabic malegivenname. Because Yahya (commonly identified as JohntheBaptist) is a prophet in Islam, Yahya is a very commonnamein the Muslim world.
What is the female name for John?
It's hard to go wrong with spare, sophisticatedJane.Jean, Jeanne – In French, Jean is the masculine andJeannethe feminine form. In the US, both spellings werepopular inthe middle of the twentieth century forgirls.