Asked by: Rich Kerfershobbies and interests woodworking
How do you seat a banquette?
Last Updated: 17th January, 2020
Click to see full answer.
In this regard, what is banquette style seating?
Banquette seating refers to the built-in benches often found in restaurant seating. Because you don't need room to walk behind the seating on one or more sides of the table, it enables you to fit a dining table into a space that may be too crowded with a stand-alone set of table and chairs.
Additionally, does banquette seating save space? Not only does banquette seating take up less space, but also, unlike a typical chair, you can build storage into the space under the bench. That's a double win.
Also Know, how do you make a banquette seat?
- Step 1: Measure space and plan your banquette bench.
- Step 2: Remove baseboards.
- Step 3: Build interior framing.
- Step 4: Build back of banquette bench framing.
- Step 5: Install interior and back framing.
- Step 6: Cut & install front piece to the framing.
- Step 7: Build and install plywood interior boxes for storage.
How much should a table overhang a banquette?
Between 17 and 18 inches is a good floor-to-cushion top distance. Bench overhang. Whether bench support is solid or open, allow three or four inches of bench overhang at the bottom-front of the seat to prevent the heels of people's feet from banging against the bottom portion of the bench.