- Set the washing machine to the gentle cycle and smallload.
- Set the water temperature to warm.
- Put the hat in the dryer on low heat.
- Heat a large pot of water.
- Heat the water until it starts to steam.
- Use tongs to submerge the hat.
- Soak the hat for about five to 10 minutes.
Simply so, can you shrink a fitted hat?
To shrink a fitted, cotton baseball hat,start by heating a large pot of water on the stovetop until it'ssteaming but not boiling. Then, submerge your hat in thewater and let it soak for several minutes, which should be enoughtime for the fibers in the hat toshrink.
- Soak the hat in the sink.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Boil water in a pot large enough to fully submerge thehat.
- Dunk the hat in a rolling boil for about 10 minutes.
- Place the hat in the oven for five minutes.
- Run the hat through the dishwasher if it needs to shrinkmore.
- Dry the hat in the sun.
Also asked, how do you shrink a wool fitted baseball cap?
Blow dry the hat using a hairdryer on high heat.Once the hat is dry it will shrink about .5 to 1inches and should fit snugly. Dunk the hat in cold/warm (butnot hot water) to shrink your hat less than 1/2inches. Do not get the bill of the hat wet.
Normally, it will stretch when wet. To shrink awool hat, steam it slightly.