- Launder brand-new sheets before you use them. Use the permanent press setting on your washer.
- Use liquid fabric softener during the rinse cycle. The liquid type works better than fabric sheets because it permeates the fabric.
- Toss the sheets in a clothes dryer. Use the permanent press setting.
Hereof, how can I make my sheets softer?
If you want to soften a stiff set of new sheets, place them in the washing machine and add 1 cup of baking soda in place of your regular detergent. Wash the sheets on a regular cycle with warm water. When it's time for the rinse cycle, turn the temperature to cold and add 1 cup of white vinegar to the machine.
- Place the garment in the washing machine.
- For a persistent scratchy item, pour 2 cups of white vinegar into the detergent compartment of your washing machine.
- Place the garment into the washing machine and wash it on the regular cycle without adding detergent.
Similarly, how do you soften stiff fabric?
One of the easiest and most effective ways to soften stiff fabric is to place the dry fabric in a clothes dryer on the "tumble" setting. Alternatively, place the fabric in a washing machine and add a homemade softening compound made from hair conditioner, apple cider vinegar and water.
If your jeans are especially stiff, soften them by washing them with fabric softener and drying them with dryer balls. To break jeans in quickly without washing them, wear them as much as you can, ride a bike while you wear them, or do some deep lunges.