Asked by: Didina Milhanapets pet adoptions
How do you start a Christmas toy drive?
Last Updated: 25th May, 2020
- 1) Research and choose your nonprofit recipient.
- 2) Set your drive dates.
- 3) Create a drive flyer.
- 4) Promote, promote, promote.
- 5) Put out donation bins.
- 6) Bring it online.
Click to see full answer.
Furthermore, how do you plan a toy drive?
Organizing a Toy Drive can be simple, easy and fun! Let's get started!
- Select the dates of your drive. We suggest holding it for up to five days, so people have one designated week to bring their items in.
- Make some noise!
- Distribute printed materials.
- Set up the drop-off point.
- Collect, collect, collect!
Secondly, how do I receive a toy donation? Toy Donation Options
- Resell Charities. Charity thrift stores such as Goodwill and The Salvation Army accept toys and then put them on the store floor for others to buy.
- Local Shelters and Children's Centers.
- Preschools and Nurseries.
- Church Charities.
Also Know, what should I bring to a toy drive?
Toy Drive Suggestions
- Books (fiction & nonfiction)
- Card Games.
- Board Games and Electronic Games.
- Sports Equipment.
- Journal Sets.
- Art, Jewelry, Nail and Craft Kits.
- Science Kits.
Where can I donate gently used toys?
10 Places to Donate Your Children's Gently Used Toys
- Charities. Salvation Army and Goodwill are the most recognizable charities where toys are donated.
- Hospitals. Many medical facilities accept gently used toys for their young patients to play with while they are hospitalized.
- Doctors' Offices.
- Daycare Centers.
- Children's Homes.
- Military Families.