Asked by: Jacquline Weisskirchenhobbies and interests model toys
How do you start resin art?
Last Updated: 8th June, 2020
- Step 1: Gather Materials & Prepare Work Surface. EpoxyResin Work Surface.
- Step 2: Prepare Paint and Epoxy Resin.
- Step 3: Mix Paint and Epoxy Resin.
- Step 4: Pour Base Color.
- Step 5: Pour Colors.
- Step 6: Heat Gun to Merge Colors.
- Step 7: Make Resin Art Cells.
- Step 8: Move Resin Art on Canvas.
Click to see full answer.
Moreover, what supplies do I need for resin art?
Poured Resin Wall Art Supplies:
- Envirotex Lite resin.
- Pigment dyes and/or acrylic paints.
- Canvas, I found a wooden board as the canvas works best.
- Stir sticks.
- Disposable measuring cups.
- Disposable craft brushes.
- Latex or disposable gloves.
- Paper towel.
Secondly, what is the easiest way to polish resin? Steps
- Use soap and warm water to clean your resin piece, ifnecessary.
- Wet sand the resin with 400 grit sandpaper to remove anyscratches.
- Repeat the sanding process with increasingly finer gritsandpaper.
- Dry off your resin piece with a towel to remove any grit ordust.
Additionally, how do you work with resin?
- Apply the resin a little bit at a time. Depending on the resin,it can pour quickly.
- Leave a bit of resin in the bottom of your pour cup. You canthen check the resin in the cup to check to see if your resin iscured.
- A heat gun is great for removing bubbles from your resin.
Can you pour resin on canvas?
Metal, wood, stone, concrete, paper or canvasglued on masonite -all will work. You may have seenpaintings on canvas with a thick, clear coat of resinin art galleries. In that case, Epoxy resins are typicallynot used. Rather, a flexible and UV resistant acrylic top coat isapplied.