Regarding this, how do you stop wires from fraying?
Electrical tape isn't pretty, but it's generally cheap. You can take your time neatly wrapping the cable to reinforce it, but the best way to prevent any more damage is to wrap the split or fraying part of the cable several times with electrical tape, then work your way out from that spot.
- Remove the phone battery. Carefully remove the battery to fix charger port.
- Hold it between your palms.
- Generate enough heat and friction by rubbing the battery in between palms.
- Put the battery back into the phone and try charging again.
Similarly, how do I fix fraying?
How to Repair Frayed Upholstery
- Separate the two sides of the frayed area with your fingers.
- Squeeze a 1/4-inch wide line of liquid seam sealant along the edges of the frayed area directly from the sealant's bottle.
- Turn the edges of the frayed area with the liquid seam sealant coating under so the sealant doesn't show.
How to Fix Wire Exposed on an Electrical Cord
- Unplug the electrical wire from the electrical outlet. Make sure to grab a covered portion of the cord.
- Locate all the areas on the electrical cord with exposed wires.
- Wrap all the exposed wires with electrical tape until the wires are safely covered.