Asked by: Neyla Aratamedical health first aid
How do you strap your hands for boxing?
Last Updated: 25th April, 2020
- Loop the thumb and wrap BEHIND the hand.
- Three times around the wrist.
- Three times around the hand.
- Three X's through the fingers.
- Around the thumb.
- Lock the thumb.
- Three times around the knuckles.
- Extra wraps and finish at the wrist.
Click to see full answer.
Beside this, should I wrap my hands for boxing?
The hands are delicate, and the sportofboxing can easily injure them whether training on theheavybag or boxing against an opponent. Hand wrapsprotectthe small bones in the hand from breaking, keep theskin onthe knuckles from tearing and help prevent you fromspraining yourwrists when delivering a solid punch.
Similarly, what are the best hand wraps for boxing? Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: Elite Sports Hand Wraps.
- Best for Smaller Hands: Meister Junior 108" Elastic CottonHandWraps.
- Best for Beginners: Title Boxing Attack Nitro Speed Wraps.
- Best Bulk: Ringside Mexican Style Boxing Hand Wraps.
- Best Glove Wraps: RDX Training Boxing Inner GlovesHandWraps.
Hereof, how do you use hand wraps?
To wrap your hands:
- Place the loop around your thumb and start wrapping aroundtheback of the wrist.
- Wrap around the wrist 2 to 3 times.
- Next, wrap around the thumb to protect the thumb joint thenonceagain around the wrist.
- Go up to the knuckles along the back of the hand.
- Wrap around the knuckles 2 to 3 times.
Are hand wraps reusable?
They are reusable and work well for fightersandboxers who train often since they can be washed and hung out todryout after each workout session. Cotton hand wrapsusuallyhave a hook that goes around your thumb to help start thewrappingand a Velcro on the other end in order to secure thehandwrap.