Asked by: Yiqiang Barzolahome and garden home appliances
How do you stretch carpet with a carpet kicker?
Last Updated: 15th January, 2020
- Place a knee kicker about 3-inches from a long wallneara corner.
- Use it to push and hook the carpet into position onthetack strip.
- Move along the wall as you strike the kickertostretch and pull any wrinkles or slack fromthecarpet as you latch it to the strips.
Click to see full answer.
Similarly one may ask, how do I stretch carpet?
- Clear and shampoo the carpet. Remove all furniture andotheritems from the carpet you need to stretch.
- Peel the old carpet back.
- Pull out staples or tacks from the pad before lifting itfromthe floor.
- Remove the old tack strips.
- Clean the floor.
- Fix any areas that need it.
Similarly, do you have to stretch carpet? A carpet with no cuts or damage canstillrequire a stretching. If you look down atthecarpet, it may have visible lumps and wrinklesfromyears of use. For example, moving a long-standing piece ofheavyfurniture to another area can cause the carpettowarp in the original area.
Additionally, can you stretch carpet with furniture on it?
As a general rule the room needs to be 50% voidoffurniture in order to stretch thecarpetsproperly. Any knick knacks or breakables should beremoved fromfurniture and to a safe location as well aselectronicsshould be unplugged. We do not want to riskbreaking theseitems while attempting to maneuver aroundthem.
Can I lay carpet without a knee kicker?
Although you can lay a carpet withoutastretcher or a knee kicker it is not recommended.Improperinstallation can lead to buckling and creases inyourcarpet that can ruin how it lies flat in yourroomand how it looks in general.