Asked by: Eugeniusz Basanteshome and garden smart home
How do you take apart a sprinkler valve?
Last Updated: 31st May, 2020
- Step 1 – Turn off the Power and Water Supply.
- Step 2 - Locate the Valves.
- Step 3 – Remove the Wiring on the Valve.
- Step 4 – Loosen the Fitting on the Valve.
- Step 5 – Detach the Valve from the Sprinkler System.
Click to see full answer.
Then, what causes a sprinkler valve to stay on?
The valves may have air trapped in them. A small bubble of air becomes trapped in the tiny water ports of the valve, this stops the water from flowing through the port. Since the water flowing through the port is what holds the valve diaphragm closed, the valve stays open.
Similarly, how do you test a sprinkler valve? To determine if the valve is receiving power, use a volt-ohm meter. From the irrigation controller, manually turn on the station you are troubleshooting. With the volt-ohm meter, check the voltage between the ground and the controller-station terminal. Your reading should be 24 volts AC (VAC).
Consequently, how do you fix a sprinkler valve?
How to Rebuild a Sprinkler Valve
- Shut off the water to the sprinkler system.
- Remove the solenoid from the valve body by turning it counterclockwise, and set it aside.
- Remove the screws that are holding the bonnet in place.
- Inspect the diaphragm for any tears or damage.
Why is my orbit Sprinkler not working?
If one or more of the sprinklers is still not working, contact the installer of the system, as you may have an issue with the hardware. Remove any dirt or debris from the valve of a sprinkler that will not shut off once turned on, as foreign items in the sprinkler may cause it to stick.