Asked by: Mikolaj El Azharisports darts
How do you throw a dart accurately?
Last Updated: 18th January, 2020
- Hold the barrel of the dart with at least threefingers.
- Keep your grip stable but not too firm.
- Raise the dart to eye level.
- Tilt the tip of the dart slightly upward.
- Align the tip of the dart with your target on theboard.
- Use your dominant eye to help you aim.
Click to see full answer.
In respect to this, how do you throw a bullseye every time?
How to Hit the Bullseye in Darts
- Grip it Lightly. For control, put your thumb and first fingeron the back of the dart while resting the middle finger on thepoint.
- Point Your Toe at the Target. Make your hand follow a straightline from toe to eye, with your biceps horizontal and forearmperpendicular.
- Have a Strong Follow-Through.
- The Board.
- The Dart.
Furthermore, are heavy or light darts better? The theory is that heavier darts are easier tothrow (less effort) but not as accurate (generality); lighterdarts are easier to throw accurately and harder. I wassurprised by the lightweight darts most players reallyuse.
Likewise, people ask, how far back do you stand when throwing darts?
If you're wondering how far tostand from the dartboard, the official distance tothe throwing line is 7 feet 9 ¼ inches (2.37 meters)from the face of the dartboard.
How do you aim better in darts?
How to aim darts
- Know your dominant eye and hand. You need a good amount ofhand-eye coordination to aim darts.
- Raise the dart to eye level. Swing your dominant hand forwardwhile gripping the dart.
- Find a line of sight.
- Lead in with your elbow.
- Tilt the tip of the dart slightly upwards.
- Aim directly at your target.