Asked by: Sohail Yujalinautomotive auto safety
How do you tie a 4 wheeler down on a trailer?
Last Updated: 20th May, 2020
- Balance your trailer by centering the ATV slightly behind the axle.
- Set the parking brake on the ATV.
- Use tie-down straps.
- Use four straps whenever possible, front and back on both sides.
- Cinch the straps as tightly as possible.
- Loop any excess strap length below the trailer or pickup.
Click to see full answer.
Also asked, how do you use a ratchet strap on a trailer?
To use ratchet straps, start by using the release catch to open the ratchet, then thread the strap through the bottom of the ratchet until it feels taut. Next, place the ratchet strap across your cargo and hook the ends over the side of the truck bed to secure the cargo in place.
Similarly, how do you put an ATV in a truck without ramps? Use an elevated surface
- Back your truck into the elevated surface as close as you can get where there is still enough room to lower your tailgate.
- Drive your quad from the elevated surface into the truck bed.
- Put the ATV in neutral and set the parking brake.
- Strap the quad down so it doesn't move.
Just so, why do my ratchet straps come loose?
Under the movement of your load the webbing can stretch and become loose or pop off. Because your tie downs are always under tension, when you drive over a speed bump or a pothole on a road several things can contribute to your tie down becoming loose or flying off.
How do you tie down a lawn tractor on a trailer?
Turn off the riding mower. Attach a ratchet strap onto the mower axle and secure it to the corners of the trailer. Repeat the process with the straps at all four corners. Check tension on all straps and make sure to tie up any loose ends.