Asked by: Ilsa Lagershausenautomotive auto parts
How do you turn on a cutting torch?
Last Updated: 10th June, 2020
Click to see full answer.
In this manner, what do you turn off first oxygen or acetylene?
It's typically recommended that when finishing with the use of an O/A torch, you shut off the acetylene first, then sut off the oxygen. I realize that this extinguishes the flame immediately, because the fuel gas is gone.
Secondly, how do you use a torch? Turn your oxygen valve on all the way, then turn your acetylene valve a 1/6-1/5 of a turn. Using your striker light the torch facing away from you and the bottles. Adjust the acetylene valve to where the flame is touching the tip of the torch, but is not giving off black smoke.
Also to know, how do you install a torch regulator?
Close both torch valves. For the oxygen, turn the pressure-adjusting screw on the regulator until the gauge reads about 25 psi. For the acetylene, turn the pressure-adjusting screw on the regulator until the gauge reads about 10 psi.
How do you start an acetylene torch?
- Separately purge both oxygen and fuel gas lines.
- Open fuel gas valve 1/2 turn.
- Ignite flame with striker.
- Increase fuel gas flow until flame leaves end of tip and no smoke is present.
- Decrease until flame goes back to tip.
- Open oxygen valve and adjust to neutral flame.
- Depress oxygen lever and make necessary adjustments.