Asked by: Tawanna Waehnertechnology and computing computer peripherals
How do you type a tilde on a laptop?
Last Updated: 21st March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Besides, how do you type ñ on a laptop?
Hold down the "Alt" key, and then type "164"usingthe numerical keypad to create a lowercase "ñ,"ortype "165" to create an uppercase "Ñ." Onsomelaptops, you must hold down both the "Fn" and "Alt"keyswhile typing the numbers.
Furthermore, how do you type Spanish accents on a laptop? How to type ñ
- Press and hold the alt key (sometimes known as option)
- Whilst still holding alt/option, press n.
- Wait for the ˜ symbol to appear (highlightedinyellow)
- Now let go of both keys and press n again.
Subsequently, question is, how do I type a tilde in Windows?
Hold down the ALT key while typing the appropriatenumbercode on the numeric keypad to create characters withtildeaccent marks. If you do not have a numeric keypad onthe rightside of your keyboard, these numeric codes willnot work. ForWindows, the number codes for the uppercaseletters are:Alt+0195 = Ã
How do you type an accent over a letter?
Method 1 Typing Accents on PCs
- Try shortcut keys.
- Press Control + `, then the letter to add a grave accent.
- Press Control + ', then the letter to add an acute accent.
- Press Control, then Shift, then 6, then the letter to addacircumflex accent.
- Press Shift + Control + ~, then the letter to add atildeaccent.