Asked by: Dita Bestujev-Ryuminhome and garden home appliances
How do you unclog a floor drain in a laundry room?
Last Updated: 5th July, 2021
- Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the screw that holds the drain cover in place.
- Reach into the drain to scoop out gunk with your hands.
- Scrub with the toothbrush to get rid of stuck-on dirt or sediment.
- Pour a quart of boiling water into the drain opening and let it soak for 10 minutes.
Click to see full answer.
Accordingly, how do you unclog a drain in a laundry room?
Clean out any blockage inside the pipe with a plumber's snake. Push the tip of the coil down into the drain and continually push until you reach the blockage. From there, you can manually turn the snake using the handles on the opposite end until you get through the blockage.
Additionally, can a washing machine drain into a floor drain? Draining a washer into a floor drain depends on where the floor drain connects. For example, if the floor drain connects to a sump pit that discharges the wastewater to the outside of the home, then you can not drain your washing machine into the floor drain.
Beside this, how do you install a floor drain in a laundry room?
- Find a Location for the Floor Drain.
- Create Access to Drainage (Optional)
- Cut a Hole in the Laundry Room Floor.
- Install the Drain in the Floor.
- Install an Extender Pipe to the Drain Assembly.
- Install the P-Trap.
- Cut Into the End-Point Drainage Pipe.
- Install the Pipe to the ABS Tee.
Why is my floor drain backing up?
When water is backing up out of your floor drain, the causes are many. It typically means the house drain under your basement floor is full of water. That can mean a rainstorm has surcharged the drain system, or even the public sewer system. A main line clog can be in the house drain, house trap, or house sewer.