Asked by: Christine Stahlimedical health lung and respiratory health
How do you use a 3 ball incentive spirometer?
Last Updated: 25th February, 2020
- Sit up and hold the device.
- Place the mouthpiece spirometer in your mouth. Makesureyou make a good seal over the mouthpiece with your lips.
- Breathe out (exhale) normally.
- Breathe in (inhale) SLOWLY.
Click to see full answer.
Accordingly, how do you read an incentive spirometer?
Using your incentive spirometer
- Sit upright in a chair or in bed.
- Put the mouthpiece in your mouth and close your lipstightlyaround it.
- Breathe in (inhale) slowly through your mouth as deeply asyoucan.
- Try to get the piston as high as you can, while keepingtheindicator between the arrows.
Subsequently, question is, what is a normal spirometry test result? Interpretations of spirometry resultsrequirecomparison between an individual's measured value and thereferencevalue. If the FVC and the FEV1 are within 80% of thereferencevalue, the results are considered normal.Thenormal value for the FEV1/FVC ratio is 70% (and 65%inpersons older than age 65).
One may also ask, what is an incentive spirometer and how is it used?
An incentive spirometer is a device thatmeasureshow deeply you can inhale (breathe in). It helps you takeslow,deep breaths to expand and fill your lungs with air. Thishelpsprevent lung problems, such as pneumonia. Theincentivespirometer is made up of a breathing tube, an airchamber, andan indicator.
What is the normal lung capacity?