Asked by: Jianxin Reinmollerhobbies and interests woodworking
How do you use a roofing square?
Last Updated: 17th June, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Also question is, how do you use a rafter square?
How to Use a Rafter Angle Square for Rafters
- Put the square against the surface of the material you want touse.
- Using the pivot point (the notch on the non-lip leg of thesquare), adjust the square until the degree gradation you needlines up with the edge.
- Press the square against the edge.
Additionally, what is the diamond on a speed square for? Other Cool Features – The Swanson SpeedSquare has a patented feature — the diamond cut, adiamond-shaped cut-out on the ruler edge of the tool. Thisis used for squaring on a line scribed across the board so that youcan then make a perfect 90° line from your scribed angled tothe edge of the board.
Secondly, is a rafter square the same as a speed square?
A Speed Square (rafter square,rafter angle square, triangle square) is atriangular carpenters' marking out tool manufactured and sold bySwanson Tool Co., Inc. The Speed Square combines commonfunctions of the combination square, try square, andframing square into one.
How do you measure angles?
How to measure an angle with a protractor:
- Place the midpoint of the protractor on the VERTEX of theangle.
- Line up one side of the angle with the zero line of theprotractor (where you see the number 0).
- Read the degrees where the other side crosses the numberscale.