Asked by: Harnek Pividaltravel asia travel
How do you use chasm in a sentence?
Last Updated: 24th June, 2020
- There was nothing but a gaping chasm where the temple had been.
- On a mountain near their city, there was a narrow chasm or hole in the rocks.
- Jenn stared, the image of her lifeless daughter falling into the chasm replaying over and over in her mind.
Click to see full answer.
Also to know is, how do you use enable in a sentence?
enable Sentence Examples
- I'll ride over on horseback to enable a quick escape if needed, she insisted.
- There was enough material there to enable him to prepare several new tricks which he had learned from some of the jugglers in the circus, and he had passed part of the night in getting them ready.
what does the word chasm? noun. a yawning fissure or deep cleft in the earth's surface; gorge. a breach or wide fissure in a wall or other structure. a marked interruption of continuity; gap: a chasm in time.
Also to know is, how do you use facade in a sentence?
- On each side of the facade is a massive tower of four storeys.
- His facade of disinterest infuriated her.
- The entire facade troubled Adrienne.
- The wheel window of the main facade dates from 1274.
- Under that facade of indifference beats a heart primed for breaking.
How do you say the word chasm?
Well, the standard English pronunciation for “chasm” is KA-zum. The word starts with a hard “k” sound. But the justice's pronunciation may have been influenced by her Hispanic heritage. In Spanish, words beginning with ch are pronounced with a soft, sibilant sound, as in cheque, chico, and chocolate.