- Easy application.
- Apply over any Chalked surface (brush or spray)
- Brush on, wipe off to desired look.
- Antique a little, or antique a lot.
Beside this, what does decorative glaze do?
Rust-Oleum Transformations Decorative Glaze allows you to add a custom antique finish to any painted surface. Use with any of your decorative projects made of wood, metal, laminate and melamine. Superior stain and scratch resistance after application of polyurethane top coat.
how do you make a paint glaze?
Adding a glaze will affect the tone and hue of the paint.
- Calculate the quantity of glaze you will need.
- Pour equal amounts of paint thinner and linseed oil into the jar, screw on the lid and shake vigorously.
- Add one part acrylic paint to four parts plain glaze to create a colored glaze.
Only a small amount is needed for most faux painting projects, for example, a one-color technique like simple sponging will require about a quart of mixed glaze to cover an average 9x12 room. More complex finishes using 2 or more colors like the craft paper technique, will require about a quart of glaze for each color.