Asked by: Susanna Grunerbusiness and finance financial crisis
How do you use hoard in a sentence?
Last Updated: 18th June, 2020
- A large hoard of coins was found here in 1891.
- We may note at the outset the spirit of pessimism which, like the curse on the hoard, pervades the whole.
- A hoard of about 1,600 silver coins, found at Carditsa in 1914, was acquired by the National Museum of Athens.
Click to see full answer.
Moreover, what does it mean to hoard something?
To hoard is to squirrel stuff away, like gold bricks or candy wrappers. A horde is a crowd of people, usually, but it can also be a gang of mosquitoes, robots, or rabid zombie kittens. If you gather all the info you can about hoard, and store it away for later, you'll find it comes from the word for "hidden treasure."
Subsequently, question is, how do you use nondescript in a sentence? A dull dress that doesn't catch the eye, building which looks very commonplace or a person with no distinct features are examples of being nondescript. 1) She used to be such a diva in school. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw her in such nondescript clothes.
Regarding this, how do you use affect in a sentence?
Using affect in a sentence:
- An early frost in Florida can affect the orange crop negatively.
- One employee's negativity can affect all the workers.
- Colorado was affected by severe flooding last summer.
- Not winning didn't affect her as much as I thought it would.
- Your opinions do not affect my decision to move abroad.
What are the 5 levels of hoarding?
Hoarding Level Four: Sewer backup, hazardous electrical wiring, flea infestation, rotting food on counters, lice on bedding, and pet damage to home. Hoarding Level Five: Rodent infestation, kitchen and bathroom unusable due to clutter, human and animal feces, and disconnected electrical and/or water service.