Asked by: Valentina Hervohome and garden smart home
How do you wire a Leviton Decora Smart Switch?
Last Updated: 13th April, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Accordingly, how do you wire a Leviton Decora 4 way switch?
How to Wire a Leviton 4-Way Switch
- Turn off the circuit breaker that powers the circuit to which you will be wiring the four-way switch.
- Look at the four-way switch and notice that it has four screw terminals plus one ground screw.
- There is a length of NM cable (ROMEX®) that travels between the two three-way switches.
Beside above, how do you hook up a smart switch? How to install a smart light switch
- Step 1: Learn your existing wall switch and wiring setup.
- Step 2: Choose a smart light switch.
- Step 3: Remove your old light switch.
- Step 4: Connect your smart light switch.
- Step 5: Secure the smart light switch in place.
- Step 6: Connect your smart light switch to Wi-Fi.
Secondly, how do you wire a wireless switch?
Attach the the ground wire of the new fixture to the incoming ground wire, and if using a metal box, to the ground screw on the electrical box. Splice all the neutral wires together — from the power supply, the white from the fixture, and the white wire from the wireless module — and cover with a wire nut.
How do you wire a 3 wire light switch?
Either way, complete these five steps for 3 way light switch wiring:
- Turn off the correct circuit at your electrical panel.
- Add an electrical box for the second three-way switch in the basement.
- Feed a length of 14-3 type NM cable (or 12-3, if you're connecting to 12-gauge wire) between the two boxes.