Asked by: Elio Grunbeckscience physics
How do you work out perimeter from area?
Last Updated: 12th April, 2020
- Remember the formula for perimeter and area of arectangle. The area of a rectangle is a = length * width,while the perimeter is p = (2 * length) + (2 * width)
- Substitute the known values into the area formula. 36 =4 * w.
- Substitute values for length and width into theperimeter formula.
Click to see full answer.
Consequently, how do you find the perimeter when given the area?
Method 2 Calculating the Perimeter When Area isKnown
- Know the formula for the area of a square. The area of anyrectangle (remember, squares are special rectangles) is defined asits base times its height.
- Find the square root of the area.
- Multiply the side length by 4 to find the perimeter.
Furthermore, how do you work out the area? The simplest (and most commonly used) areacalculations are for squares and rectangles. To find thearea of a rectangle multiply its height by its width. For asquare you only need to find the length of one of the sides(as each side is the same length) and then multiply this by itselfto find the area.
Also to know, how do you calculate a perimeter?
To find the perimeter of a rectangle, addthe lengths of the rectangle's four sides. If you have only thewidth and the height, then you can easily find all foursides (two sides are each equal to the height and the other twosides are equal to the width). Multiply both the height and widthby two and add the results.
How do you work out the perimeter of a room?
Measure the length and the width of a square orrectangular room. Use the standard 2(Length + Width) =Perimeter formula to find the perimeter of a room.Using a measuring tape, find the length and width of theroom. Add the length and the width, then multiply the answerby two.