Asked by: Deseada Gavilondobusiness and finance human resources
How do you write positive feedback for a colleague?
Last Updated: 7th February, 2020
- Meet or exceed goals.
- Go an extra mile.
- Help colleagues or customers.
- Overcome an obstacle.
- Take initiative.
- Need a confidence boost.
- Model good behavior.
- Do something minor, but worth recognizing.
Click to see full answer.
Then, what are some examples of positive feedback?
Positive Feedback Examples:
- Example 1: When your employee reaches or surpasses a goal.
- Example 2: When your employee takes initiative.
- Example 3: When your employee goes the extra mile.
- Example 4: When your employee helps their co-workers.
- Example 5: When your employee needs a confidence boosts.
Also, how do you write a feedback for a team member? How to Give Your Team Feedback
- What the Experts Say.
- Set expectations early.
- Create opportunities for regular check-ins.
- Ask general questions.
- Work your way up to structured reviews.
- Keep performance issues out in the open.
- Foster team relationships.
- Debrief every project.
Similarly, you may ask, how do you give positive feedback to colleagues examples?
Reinforcing employee feedback examples
- “Something I really appreciate about you is….”
- “I think you did a great job when you…
- “I would love to see you do more of X as it relates to Y”
- “I really think you have a superpower around X”
- “One of the things I admire about you is…”
- “I can see you're having a positive impact in…”
How do you give positive feedback?
Keep the following tips in mind:
- Always deliver feedback as close in time to the event as possible.
- Be specific in your comments.
- Link the positive behavior to real business results if you can.
- Unlike negative feedback, positive feedback can be delivered in front of others, if you think they'll benefit as well.