Asked by: Villar Cascantetechnology and computing databases
How does MVC handle custom errors in asp net?
- First add an Error. cshtml page (View Page) to the Shared Folder if it does not already exist.
- Add or modify the Web. config file and set the Custom Error Element to On.
- Add a specific Action Controller and View for showing the HTTP Status Code.
- Add an [HandleError] attribute to the Targeted Action Method.
Likewise, people ask, what are the methods of handling an error in MVC?
In ASP.NET MVC we have a larger list of ways to handle exception such as:
- Overriding OnException method.
- Using the [HandleError] attribute on actions and controllers.
- Setting a global exception handling filter.
- Handling Application_Error event.
- Extending HandleErrorAttribute.
Similarly, how does ASP net handle application level errors?
Application Level Error Handling You can handle default errors at the application level either by modifying your application's configuration or by adding an Application_Error handler in the Global. asax file of your application. You can handle default errors and HTTP errors by adding a customErrors section to the Web.
With these points in mind the following steps can be coded into the Application_Error event for error handling and logging.
- Get the last error raised.
- Get the error code to respond with.
- Log the error (I'm ignoring 404′s).
- Clear the response stream.
- Clear the server error.