Asked by: Celsina Krumpeterhealthy living nutrition
How long can you keep fresh dates in the fridge?
Last Updated: 4th April, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Also to know is, do dates go bad in the fridge?
In addition to their irresistibly sweet flavor andversatility, dates, when stored properly, have a seriouslylengthy shelf life. Even when they lose moisture and harden,there's still a way to revive that tender bite. But that doesn'tmean they last forever. Dates can, and do, gobad.
Subsequently, question is, how long do dates usually last? Properly stored, dates will last for about2 months at normal room temperature.
Subsequently, question is, how do you store fresh dates for a long time?
- Place your dates in an airtight container. Glass or plastictupperware works well.
- Store semi-dry dates at room temperature. Place the dates inthe pantry, or on your kitchen counter.
- Place soft dates in the fridge.
- Eat the dates within a week for the best flavor.
- Store the dates in the fridge for a year.
Are fresh dates good for you?
Dates are a good source of variousvitamins and minerals, energy, sugar, and fiber. It also containscalcium, iron, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium andzinc.