Asked by: Narcisa Haentschelcareers resume writing and advice
How long should nursing orientation be?
Last Updated: 5th January, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Keeping this in consideration, how do you pass nursing orientation?
Here are eight tips to help make your orientation a success, whether you're a new nurse OR just changing nursing specialties.
- Arrive Early. Show that you are dependable and eager to get started!
- Come prepared.
- Bring Food.
- Take Notes.
- Be Respectful.
- Ask Questions.
- Stay Honest.
- Anticipate What's Next.
Similarly, what should I expect my first day as a nurse? Making Your First Day of Your Dream Nursing Job Successful
- Wear Your Uniform and a Watch. It all begins with your uniform.
- Bring Four Pens.
- Bring a Stethoscope Holster.
- Pack Your Lunch.
- Your Shift Starts 15-Minutes Earlier Than Anyone Else.
- Remember ALL of Your Patients, and Be Patient.
- Keep a Paper “Brain.”
- Interact With Your Peers.
Considering this, why is nursing orientation important?
Nursing orientation plays a pivotal role in the competency and retention of newly hired registered nurses. Effective orientation and precepting programs produce nurses who provide competent, quality patient care and are enculturated as productive members of the healthcare team.
How should I dress for hospital orientation?
Please dress in business casual attire for New Employee Orientation.
Examples of appropriate attire include:
- Collared, button down, or polo shirts.
- Women's blouses.
- Sweaters or sweater vests.
- Slacks and skirts - no shorter than 3 inches above the knee.
- Clean, closed-toed or open-toed dress shoes.