Asked by: Joleen Haustovtravel rail travel
How much should I budget for a trip to Italy?
Last Updated: 19th May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Regarding this, is it expensive to travel to Italy?
Italy Travel Costs You should expect to spend around 50 EUR (55 USD) pernight for the most basic of rooms. It's easy to have a great (andexpensive) meal anywhere in Italy, but it's also easyto eat for less than 15 EUR (17 USD) a day if you make theeffort.
Furthermore, how much does it cost to eat in Italy? Dine Like an Italian A meal at an inexpensive restaurant, for oneperson, is usually around $18 to $20, whereas a meal for twopeople at a mid-range restaurant, with drinks, will typicallycost around $70 to $80.
Simply so, how do I travel to Italy on a budget?
Here's Why Italy Should Be Your Next Budget TravelDestination
- Be selective with your itinerary.
- Go for the off-season.
- Or the winter.
- Find a hostel or airbnb with a kitchen.
- Drink your coffee standing up.
- Adopt aperitivo as your best friend.
- Spend time in the countryside.
- Use public transit everywhere…and don't be afraid to goslow.
What should you buy in Italy?
Souvenirs Shopping: 15 Authentic Italian Things To Buy inRome
- Ceramics. Italy has a great tradition of hand-painted ceramics,and a nice gift can be chosen from a diverse selection of potteryfrom all over the country, including both traditional and modernpieces.
- Sweets and Pastries.
- Gourmet Food.
- Artisan Chocolate.
- Italian Fashion.