Asked by: Idrees Wagnehobbies and interests woodworking
Is bamboo floor good for basement?
Last Updated: 5th March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Subsequently, one may also ask, what is the best flooring for a basement cement floor?
Flooring Choices for basements:
- Engineered Vinyl Planks or Tiles.
- Tile plank floors, ceramic or porcelain tiles.
- Rubber flooring/rubber interlocking gym tiles.
- Carpet tiles.
- Stained concrete or acid etched floors.
Similarly, what are the disadvantages of bamboo flooring? Bamboo Flooring Cons:
- Inexpensive bamboo flooring is susceptible to scratches and dings.
- Bamboo grass readily absorbs water and is susceptible to damage from water and excessive humidity.
- The contemporary look of bamboo doesn't fit with all décor.
- Bamboo flooring is limited to a few tonal shades.
Subsequently, question is, can you put bamboo flooring on concrete?
Bamboo flooring is very versatile and can be installed on almost any sub-floor. Bamboo flooring can be either glued down to concrete or screed, or floated over an underlay. You have the choice of either gluing your floor down directly to the concrete or floating it over an underlay.
Is bamboo flooring really eco friendly?
Bamboo flooring is becoming a popular and attractive alternative to hardwood flooring because of its cost, durability and eco-friendly properties. Bamboo is a regenerating grass so it grows much faster than hardwood trees, making it more sustainable and environmentally friendly.