Also question is, how can I call my lost phone?
Steps for Android:
- Open the Google Voice app.
- At the bottom of the screen, tap “Calls.”
- Tap the contact you wish to call (i.e. your phone).
- Or tap “Dial” and input your number directly if it isn't stored as a contact.
- At the dial tone enter you own number.
- Wait for the recorded prompt.
- Hang up.
- You phone should ring with you own number in the caller ID.
- Wait until someone else (e.g the victim of your prank) picks up (you'll know because it will stop ringing).
In this regard, is it possible to track a cell phone that is off?
When you turn off your phone, it will stop communicating with nearby cell towers and can be traced only to the location it was in when it was powered down. According to a report from Washington Post, NSA is capable of tracking cell phones even when they are turned off. And this isn't something new.
While Find My Device is limited to Android devices, you can still use the Google Home to locate a lost iPhone -- it just won't be able to ring the phone if it's been silenced. To set this up, you will need to add your phone number under your My Account privacy settings.