Asked by: Qiang Aberasturihome and garden home appliances
Is it OK to use an extension cord for a refrigerator?
Considering this, can you use an extension cord permanently?
3 Answers. Extension cords that are not listed, labeled, or rated for permanent (long term) use are all temporary wiring devices. If you need to permanently connect an electrical device, you should use approved wires and/or cable assemblies installed in an approved manner.
Besides, what should not be plugged into an extension cord?
Using extension cords
- Never remove an extension cord's grounding pin in order to fit it into a two-prong outlet.
- Avoid powering multiple appliances with one cord.
- Never use indoor extension cords outdoors.
- Don't plug multiple cords together.
- Don't run extension cords under rugs or furniture.
In general, extension cords should not exceed 100 feet in length. However, by plugging one extension cord into another, the maximum cord length can be easily exceeded. If the job requires more than a 100-foot distance, a temporary power distribution box is required.