Asked by: Rossy Jozwiakhealthy living weight loss
Is oatmeal on the South Beach Diet?
Last Updated: 21st June, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Also question is, what can I eat for breakfast on South Beach Diet?
Here's a look at what you might eat during a typical day in phase 1 of the South Beach Diet: Breakfast. Breakfast might be an omelet with smoked salmon or baked eggs with spinach and ham, along with a cup of coffee or tea.
Subsequently, question is, why the South Beach diet is bad? As Agatston outlines in his book, the long-term effects of following the South Beach Diet — beyond just losing weight — include lowering your cholesterol, along with your risk of heart attack, stroke, diabetes, and even some cancers.
Likewise, what foods are not allowed on the South Beach Diet?
- No fruit is allowed until phase two.
- Starches such as pasta, rice or bread are discouraged in phase one.
- Whole grains and sugary foods are off-limits in phase one.
- Alcohol is forbidden in phase one – wine and beer have carbs; all drinks have calories.
What can you eat on the South Beach Diet Phase 1?
Phase 1: Foods to Include
- Lean beef, pork, lamb, veal and game.
- Skinless chicken and turkey breast.
- Fish and shellfish.
- Turkey bacon and pepperoni.
- Eggs and egg whites.
- Soy-based meat substitutes.
- Low-fat hard cheese, ricotta cheese and cottage cheese.