Asked by: Doralia Larraguibelcareers vocational training
Is there a certification for home health nurses?
Last Updated: 10th May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Regarding this, what certifications do nurses need?
Some of the most important nursing certifications that areimportant for you to have to advance your career are thefollowing:
- AIDS Certified Registered Nurse (ACRN)
- Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN)
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN)
- Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP-BC)
- Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA)
One may also ask, how do you become a certified nurse? Steps to Becoming a Registered Nurse
- Complete an accredited registered nurse program. In order tobecome a registered nurse, students must graduate from anaccredited program.
- Take and pass the NCLEX-RN examination.
- Obtain a state license.
- Obtain employment as a registered nurse.
- Pursue additional training or education.
Similarly one may ask, what degree do you need to be a home health nurse?
Registered nurses must complete anaccredited nursing program and obtain either an associate'sdegree in nursing (ADN) or a Bachelor of Sciencedegree (BSN). They must also pass the NCLEX exam forlicensure.
How do I get certified for home health care?
Certification. Home health aides may lookto the National Association for Home Care and Hospice (NAHC)to become certified. To earn their credentials, applicantsmust complete 75 hours of training, demonstrate their skills andpass a written examination.