Asked by: Boutayna Gencofood and drink world cuisines
Is there a substitute for tamarind paste?
Last Updated: 26th May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Furthermore, what tastes similar to tamarind?
- Your best bet: Lemon or lime juice and sugar. Tamarind's flavorprofile is a mixture of sweet and sour, with the balance leaningtowards the sour.
- A decent second choice: Mango powder.
- In a pinch: Pomegranate molasses.
- Other alternatives.
Furthermore, how do you make tamarind paste? How to make the recipe
- Clean up tamarind.
- Heat 3 cups of water.
- Soak tamarind in 1.5 to 2 cups of hot water for about 45 to 60minutes in a large bowl.
- If your tamarind is clean then blend it well until smooth.
- Mash the tamarind as much as possible and pass through a filterto a heavy bottom tall pot(no wide pan).
Also to know is, what is tamarind paste?
Tamarindpaste is from the fruit—or pods—of thetamarind tree, specifically the pulp that surroundsthe seeds within the pod.
Can I use lemon instead of tamarind?
A decent second choice: Citrus juice Tamarind fulfills that same role in Indiancuisine while also providing a fruity sweetness that youwill not get from lemon or lime juice. Even so, tartcitrus fruit can still do an effective job ofstanding in for tamarind paste.