Asked by: Duane Hetzelhobbies and interests woodworking
What angle do you cut fence posts?
Last Updated: 2nd May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Correspondingly, how do you cut fence posts at an angle?
- You can cut metal posts with a reciprocating saw, but you must use a bi-metal reciprocating saw blade.
- If you prefer to cut the posts at an angle to allow water to run off the tops, mark a straight line on the front of the post, then mark the desired angle -- at least 10 degrees -- on the sides of the post.
One may also ask, can I cut a 4x4 with a chop saw? By using the stationary miter saw with 10-inch blade, you won't be able to cut a 4×4 in one swing. In this case, you have to flip the material several times to get your job done. And, it is safe to say that a 10-inch miter saw is not perfect for cutting a 4×4 wood piece, though it can do the job.
Subsequently, question is, how do you cut a PVC fence post?
How to Cut Vinyl Fence Panels
- Insert a carbide blade in a chop saw.
- Place a mark on your vinyl fence panel using a pencil and a straight edge.
- Place the vinyl fence panel lengthwise across the chop saw table, up against the chop saw fence.
- Line up the blade with the mark on your fence panel.
Can you cut a 4x4 with a 10 inch miter saw?
While a 10 inch blade on a miter saw can cut through a 4×4 in one or two steps, this may not be enough from a practical standpoint. If you want to get the job done faster and smoother you should definitely consider either a 12 inch miter saw of any type or a 10 inch sliding miter saw.