Asked by: Mouloud Kerkhoffmedical health sleep disorders
What are bed wedges for?
Last Updated: 16th January, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Regarding this, is sleeping on a wedge good for you?
Side sleepers who use a wedge pillow to sleep at an incline will also find relief for health issues like sleep apnea and acid reflux. Plus, using a wedge pillow for side sleep will offer greater support to your neck and shoulders, allowing your body to fall into the perfect neutral position.
Furthermore, what is the best height for a wedge pillow? The mid-range height for wedge pillows is 10 to 12 inches. This height isn't the best option for treating medical issues, but it's a good choice if you want a higher sleeping position to help prevent sore muscles, aches, and pains in the morning. The tallest wedge pillows stand about 15 inches high.
Additionally, what is the best bed wedge?
Best Wedge Pillows
- Editor's Pick– Helix Wedge Pillow.
- Runner-Up – Brentwood Home Zuma Wedge Pillow.
- Best Value Wedge Pillow – FitPlus Premium Bed Wedge.
- Best Wedge Pillow for Back Pain – Xtreme Comforts XW Wedge Pillow.
- Best Wedge Pillow for Poor Circulation – InteVision Foam Wedge Pillow.
- Most Innovative Wedge Pillow – Avana Kind Bed System.
Can you sleep on your side with a wedge pillow?
A wedge pillow slightly elevates the head, shoulders, and torso to prevent this from happening. You can use a wedge pillow while sleeping on your side or on your back without causing any tension in the head or neck. Most pillows on the market are elevated between 30 to 45 degrees, or six to eight inches at the top.