Asked by: Ametsa Haanrathbusiness and finance green solutions
What are causes of river pollution how can it be prevented?
Last Updated: 15th May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Consequently, what are the main causes of river pollution?
5 major causes of water pollution
- Domestic sewage. These wastes are generated from householdactivities.
- Industrial wastewater. These are wastewater generated throughindustrial processing.
- Agricultural waste. These include pesticide, chemicalfertilizer, manure, etc.
- Acid rain.
- Global warming.
Additionally, what is the reason of pollution? Some of the main causes of pollution includeindustrial emissions, poor disposal of wastes, mining,deforestation, use of fossil fuels and agricultural activities.Pollution can affect the air, the land and water bodiesthroughout the world.
Also know, what are the main causes of pollution in rivers of India how can we prevent this kind of pollution?
Following are some other important reasons of increasinglevels of water pollution in India:
- Industrial waste.
- Improper practices in agricultural sector.
- Reduction in water quantity in rivers in plains.
- Social and religious practices like dumping dead bodies inwater, bathing, throwing waste in water.
- Oil leaks from ships.
What are the causes and effects of river pollution?
Humans are the main cause of waterpollution, which is triggered in many ways: by the dumping ofindustrial waste; due to temperature rise, that cause thealteration of water by reducing the oxygen in itscomposition; Or due to deforestation, which causes sedimentsand bacteria to appear under the soil and therefore