Asked by: Zunilda Lanzabooks and literature poetry
What are examples of poetic devices?
Last Updated: 16th March, 2020
- Repetition. Repetition can be used for full verses, single lines or even just a single word or sound.
Click to see full answer.
Also know, what are the 7 poetic devices?
Additionally, how many types of poetic devices are there? 20 Top Poetic Devices to Remember
- Allegory. An allegory is a story, poem, or other written work that can be interpreted to have a secondary meaning.
- Alliteration. Alliteration is the repetition of a sound or letter at the beginning of multiple words in a series.
- Blank Verse.
Likewise, what are the 8 poetic devices?
Terms in this set (15)
- simile. A Comparison of two things using the word 'like' or 'as'
- metaphor. a figure of speech comparing two different things without using like or as.
Is imagery a poetic device?
In contrast to a simile, a metaphor is a comparison between two unlike things without using the words like or as. Poets may also use imagery, or words to create an image in the reader's mind. Imagery is based on our five senses, though visual imagery is used the most. The images contribute to a poem's meaning.