Asked by: Gaofeng Greinertmedical health lung and respiratory health
What are five conditions of the respiratory system quizlet?
Last Updated: 3rd January, 2020
- adult respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS) Severe pulmonary congestion characterized by acute respiratory distress and hypoxemia.
- anosmia. Impairment or loss of the sense of smell.
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- deviated septum.
Click to see full answer.
Then, what are five conditions of the respiratory system?
Learn about all types of respiratory conditions, including the common cold, flu, pneumonia, asthma, cystic fibrosis, emphysema and chronic bronchitis.
Also Know, which of the following are functions of the respiratory system? The respiratory system is what allows us to breathe and exchange carbon dioxide for oxygen. The human respiratory system is a series of organs responsible for taking in oxygen and expelling carbon dioxide. The primary organs of the respiratory system are the lungs, which carry out this exchange of gases as we breathe.
Additionally, what are the 5 basic functions of the respiratory system?
The five primary functions of the respiratory system, in order of significance, are:
- The inhalation and exhalation of air or Breathing.
- Gas exchange between the lungs and the bloodstream (External Respiration).
- Gas exchange between the bloodstream and the body tissues (Internal Respiration).
What are the function of the respiratory system quizlet?
The primary function of the respiratory system is to supply the blood with oxygen in order for the blood to deliver oxygen to all parts of the body. The respiratory system does this through breathing. When we breathe, we inhale oxygen and exhale carbon dioxide.