Asked by: Yuxin Prassekeducation special education
What are some challenging words?
Last Updated: 15th May, 2020
- Literally. If you know a language purist, watch out.
- Irregardless (instead of regardless)
Click to see full answer.
People also ask, what is the most difficult word in English?
Here are the top 10:
- 10 - Rural. Submitted by user 'mattythedog', rural appears to cause problem particularly when repeated or put next a word with similar “r” sounds.
- 9 - Otorhinolaryngologist.
- 8 - Colonel.
- 5 - Isthmus.
- 4 – Anemone.
- 3 - Squirrel.
- 2 – Choir.
- 1 – Worcestershire.
Additionally, what are some long words? The longest words in the dictionary are:
- antidisestablishmentarianism - opposition to the disestablishment of the Church of England - 28 letters.
- floccinaucinihilipilification - the estimation of something as worthless - 29 letters.
- pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis - a supposed lung disease - 45 letters.
Consequently, what are the example of unfamiliar words?
unfamiliar. The definition of unfamiliar is strange, or something not already known. An example of unfamiliar is the neighborhood of a new town. An example of unfamiliar is the family of a new girlfriend.
What is the hardest word?
Top 10 hardest words to spell