Asked by: Marlo Achurteguihobbies and interests woodworking
What are some disadvantages of wood?
- Wood energy produces green house gases.
- Transportation of wood to urban areas canbeexpensive.
- Wood is hygroscopic and it will absorbsurroundingvapors loses moisture below the fiber saturationpoint.
- Biotic factors can cause decay of wood by moldfungi,bacteria and insects.
In this regard, what are the disadvantages of wood energy?
- Over-exploitation of forests has serious environmentaleffectssuch as deforestation, destruction of ecosystems andanimalhabitats, accelerated soil erosion among others.
- Air pollution occurs from burning of the energy sources.
- Use can destroy forests or homes through accidental fires.
Consequently, what are the disadvantages of using hardwood?
Disadvantages. The main disadvantageofhardwood flooring is its cost. It can be very pricy toaddhardwood floors to your entire home. Also, it's not justthematerials you have to worry about.
A quick answer to this question: Wood is NOTafossil fuel. Wood is a renewable resource.Fossilfuels contain what was once wood as well asplants, deadbodies of animals and other organic material. These arenow coal,natural gas or crude oil.