Asked by: Enrico Huertasscience chemistry
What are some examples of exothermic reactions?
Last Updated: 19th June, 2020
- Combustion of fuels such as wood, coal and oil petroleum.
- Thermite reaction.
- Reaction of alkali metals and otherhighlyelectropositive metals with water.
- Condensation of rain from water vapor.
- Mixing water and strong acids or strong bases.
- Mixing acids and bases.
Click to see full answer.
In this regard, what are the examples of exothermic reaction?
Examples of Exothermic Reactions
- any combustion reaction.
- a neutralization reaction.
- rusting of iron (rust steel wool with vinegar)
- the thermite reaction.
- reaction between water and calcium chloride.
- reaction between sodium sulfite and bleach (dilutesodiumhypochlorite)
what are endothermic and exothermic reactions give examples? Endothermic and exothermic reactions refer totheabsorption or release of heat. There are other types ofenergywhich may be produced or absorbed by a chemicalreaction.Examples include light andsound.
Subsequently, one may also ask, what is an example of a endothermic reaction?
These examples could be written aschemicalreactions, but are more generally considered tobeendothermic or heat-absorbing processes: Melting icecubes.Melting solid salts. Converting frost to water vapor(melting,boiling, and evaporation, in general, areendothermicprocesses.
How do we use exothermic reactions in everyday life?
- Everyday uses of exothermic reactions include self-heatingcansand hand warmers.
- Everyday uses of endothermic reactions include instant icepackswhich can be used to treat sports injuries.