Asked by: Arima Rasetmusic and audio classical music
What are the 6 Brandenburg Concertos?
Last Updated: 15th April, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Beside this, how many Brandenburg Concertos are there?
why are the Brandenburg concertos so named? The Brandenburg Concertos (so called because they were dedicated to the Margrave of Brandenburg-Schwedt) are not only some of the liveliest and most colourful orchestral works of their day, they were also groundbreaking, generating new sounds and new possibilities that Bach's contemporaries could not ignore.
Then, what is the musical form of the Brandenburg Concerto?
The Brandenburg Concertos represent a popular music genre of the Baroque era—the concerto grosso—in which a group of soloists plays together with a small orchestra. The word grosso simply means “large,” for there are more soloists than was customary at the time, and the music tends to be more expansive.
Which is the best Brandenburg Concerto?
The best recordings of JS Bach's Brandenburg Concertos
- Rinaldo Alessandrini (director) Concerto Italiano (2005) Naïve OP30412.
- Trevor Pinnock (director) European Brandeburg Ensemble (2007) Avie AV2119.
- Café Zimmermann (2001-11) Alpha 811.
- Christopher Hogwood (director) Academy of Ancient Music (1984) Decca 455 7002.
- Jordi Savall (director) Le Concert des Nations (1991)