Asked by: Salvacion Kollmedical health infectious diseases
What are the 6 conditions that affect the growth of microorganisms?
Last Updated: 18th May, 2020
- Reservoir. Environment where most microbes grow.
- Food. Water and nourishment.
- Oxygen. Most need oxygen to survive.
- Darkness. Warm and dark environments is needed.
- Temperature. Most grow best at body temperature.
- Moisture. Grow well in moist places.
Click to see full answer.
Moreover, what are the six factors that affect the growth of bacteria?
Factors That Affect the Growth of Microorganisms
- Nutrients. All microorganisms need food.
- Temperature. In general, the higher the temperature, the more easily microorganisms can grow up to a certain point.
- pH Levels.
- Elements Present.
Secondly, what are the five conditions that bacteria need to grow? What bacteria need to grow and multiply
- Food (nutrients)
- Water (moisture)
- Proper temperature.
- Air, no air, minimal air.
- Proper acidity (pH)
- Salt levels.
Similarly one may ask, what factors affect the growth of microorganisms?
The growth of microorganisms is influenced by various physical and chemical factors of their environment. ? Physical factors- Temperature, pH, osmotic pressure, hydrostatic pressure and radiation.
Which of the following conditions can affect the growth of bacteria?
Bacteria can live in hotter and colder temperatures than humans, but they do best in a warm, moist, protein-rich environment that is pH neutral or low acid. There are exceptions: some bacteria thrive in extreme heat or cold. some can survive under highly acidic or extremely salty conditions.