Asked by: Haytham Knoopshealthy living womens health
What are the causes of irregular periods?
Last Updated: 22nd June, 2020
- Having an intrauterine device (IUD)
- Changing birth control pills or using certain medications.
- Too much exercise.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism) or underactivethyroid(hypothyroidism)
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, it is asked, what is the reason for irregular periods?
Sometimes, irregular periods can be caused bysomemedicines, exercising too much, having a very low or highbodyweight, or not eating enough calories. Hormone imbalances canalsocause irregular periods. For example, thyroid hormonelevelsthat are too low or too high can cause problemswithperiods.
Secondly, what is the cause of prolonged periods? Benign, or noncancerous, tumors in the uteruscancause heavy bleeding or long periods. Benigngrowthsin the uterine lining (endometrium) can also cause aheavyor prolonged period. These growths are known as polyps,whenthe growth is made up of endometrial tissue.
Simply so, how can I regulate my period naturally?
8 Science-Backed Home Remedies forIrregularPeriods
- Practice yoga. Share on Pinterest.
- Maintain a healthy weight. Changes in your weight canaffectyour periods.
- Exercise regularly.
- Spice things up with ginger.
- Add some cinnamon.
- Get your daily dose of vitamins.
- Drink apple cider vinegar daily.
- Eat pineapple.
Are irregular periods bad?
While an irregular cycle is not usually aproblem,it can occasionally signal health complications. A normalmenstrualcycle lasts 28 days, plus or minus seven days. Menstrualbleeding isconsidered irregular if it occurs morefrequently than every21 days or lasts longer than 8days.